En español aquí: SPA-Abortion Package One Pager.
On March 9, 2023, pro-abortion lawmakers in the Colorado General Assembly introduced a three-bill abortion legislation package, deceivingly named the “Safe Access to Protected Health Care.” Even though the 2022 Reproductive Health Equity Act (RHEA) already made Colorado one of the most extreme pro-abortion states in the country, pro-abortion lawmakers are still pushing for more abortion access.
The package is even referred to as “RHEA 2.0.”
Here’s what these damaging bills do:
- Eliminate a woman’s choice to sustain her pregnancy and save her child’s life through Abortion Pill Reversal (APR) by banning the treatment;
- Restrict and censor the good work Pregnancy Resource Centers do for our community.
- Circumvent Colorado’s constitutional prohibition against public funding of abortion;
- Increase access to contraception and abortion referrals to minors under 19 years of age.
- Violate First Amendment rights of medical professionals and medical centers/hospitals that do not provide abortion-related services or “gender-affirming care;”
- Violate First Amendment rights of employers who do not provide abortion-related services or “gender-affirming care” in their insurance plan.
Here’s what you can do to advocate against “RHEA 2.0”:
- Write to your representative here: https://cocatholic.org/take-action/action-alerts/
- Sign-up for Colorado Catholic Conference alerts here (including hearing dates/times): https://cocatholic.org/take-action/colorado-catholic-advocacy-network/
- Testify against these bills. We need your voice!
- If you would like to testify and need assistance, please sign-up here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cocatholic
- Call and email bill Prime Sponsors, whose emails and phone numbers can be found here: https://cocatholic.org/take-action/action-alerts/
- COME RALLY FOR LIFE on April 4, 2023, the one-year anniversary of RHEA
- Colorado Capitol West Steps from 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Hosted by Pro-Life Colorado coalition
- We will announce the inaugural Colorado March for Life in partnership with National March for Life
WATCH: Pro-Life Colorado’s video of a Colorado mother sharing her story of using the Abortion Pill Reversal process, while a Denver-based Bella Health and Wellness OB-GYN explains the safety, efficacy, and common practice of the treatment for women who choose to preserve the life of their pre-born child after taking chemical induced abortion pill(s). Here: https://rumble.com/v2cbyjc-abortion-pill-reversal.html
SHARE THIS INFORMATION USING THE ONE PAGER BELOW: